Monday 6 February 2012

Week 2

Schedule Scan for the second week

Today I gave up on trying to create a blog. After talking to my flat mates who studying media design, I worked out that trying to use tumblr is infinitely more difficult than blogspot to customize your website... if they had told me this from the start instead of wasting quite a large amount of time trying to explain to me some of the more basic elements of HTML programming, I might have been in a better mood yesterday. Once I got a basic account sorted on blogspot or blogger.com, I reached a point where I gave up on the whole blog idea.

For two days I have stared at a blank computer screen, and found it incredibly difficult to get my thoughts written down, well more difficult than writing down on paper. I chose to instead fall back on the idea of creating a good old physical book as my presentation document. My mind would simply shut down when trying to type... perhaps an unfortunate side effect from writing my dissertation. Something which I still remember as a bad experience of late nights typing in the library. Anyway I have always found that writing down my thoughts on paper is easier than typing them on a screen. I will start writing it in the next few days when I have found a book to do so in.

Today I posed as a model with my course mate Lucy Ross for the second year students doing their Sequential Narrative project (I offered to take my clothes off, but they didn't seem interested). Our tutor Ceri asked us a few days ago if we would be interested in spending the day posing, she also mentioned that the university would pay us for it, which significantly improved my motivation. It was a full day of standing in slightly awkward poses wearing fancy dress... and briefly being told to fight over an old suitcase, something I have never been asked for in my life. All in all it was good fun and it was quite amusing to see some of the results the 2nd years came up with when drawing us. I was quite pleased to see all the work once it was done, but I did wish that we had been asked to do a few more seated poses, I got tired of all that standing on practically one leg.

Ah second year, I do remember enjoying the sequential narrative project. I had never tried writing a childrens book, but found it fun because I learned several new photoshop techniques and a thing or two about writing for children. These are some pages from my Sequential Narrative project
 Some samples from my Sequential Narrative Project from 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment