Saturday 4 February 2012

Blog I

Today I spent the day trying to start my blog, as it has already been a week, and all I have done so far
is wrote up my Negotiated Study project (for the purposes of continuity this has been published earlier here). I spent a few hours on tumblr trying to make a theme that was more presentable.
 This was more or less a waste of time, as I was not able to edit the HTML effectively and I spent ages trying to select one of the premade themes.
 Screenshot of a preview of my blog

Compared to my earlier version (Day I) it is an improvement, in terms of layout and colour (though not by much). This was not really what I was aiming for in terms of colour, I would have preferred a paler colour palette and adding a background of my own. However editing such things in tumblr seems to require an almost ungodly knowledge of HTML coding and an account on imageshack of more than 64gb. (bit of nerd humor there i suppose). Anyway after fiddling with the codes in Adobe Dreamweaver with no real result, I gave up on it thinking I would get back to it later after consulting one of my more technically minded friends. Instead I felt I would actually write down a post or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment