Tuesday 7 February 2012

One Day Project... or not + printing

Today we were scheduled to have a 1 day project with Peter Lloyd, but it was canceled at the last minute. Something that I will admit I was quite happy to hear as I need to do quite a bit of printing for stuff to sell in our upcoming Bargate Exhibition. The idea being that the more work we produce, the more we can try to sell as part of our fundraiser for a London degree show. I got my hands on a book so I can begin writing my presentation document in it. I Bought an A3 sketch book, as I feel it would be a nice size to work with in terms of practicality when sticking in images or drawing, and that the A4 book just reminds me of an school book.

We were also given a brief update on the details concerning our degree show.
Scan from my old PD book
Furthermore I presented the first suggestion for my Final Major Project to our head of course Jonny Hannah, a copy of which is below:

FMP: Proposal

Medium:
I would like to use a combination of ink drawings, silk screen printing and photoshop. What I envision is a process of exploring line drawing to create the subject. Using silk screens to form texture and colour textures. Finally the process would come together in Photoshop, where colour editing and touch ups would be its main function.

Style:
I would like to use the style used in the previous years Sequential narrative. 
 Part of my Squential Narrative project, 2011

The basic makings of the female nymph figure would form the subject, where I would incorporate line work in a similar manor to the old copper plate prints (see Hogarth's the Harlots Progress) to work the background. I enjoyed working with these styles and having learnt more about printing since the sequential narrative project I could combine what I know now with the techniques I used then.

Subject:

At first I toyed with the idea of taking old epic scenes from the bible or history (for example Moses parting the Red Sea), but I can not see myself being interested in the subject for 13 weeks. A more appealing idea I feel would be to focus on the everyday but give it a bizarre spin. For example it would be taking the characters and background distorting them, yet leaving enough visual clues that a viewer could identify with the situation.

Insipiration:
James Jean
William Hogarth
Amy Sol

Pages 17, 18, 19 and 20 respectively from my Sequential Narrative Project 2011

extracts from my old Presentation Document

I hope to find out how the prints of my old Negotiated study project come out once I have added this third layer to it. If it is successful and looks good I will settle for creating 3 layers for each of my FMP posters.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment