Monday 27 February 2012

Side Project - Pointless Advert


Scan from my old PD book

First sketch of my pointless advert
On a side note the Kr, on the label is the Danish currency the Crown. 

Scan from my old PD book

 Final submission for the pointless advert.

This was a fun side project done as part of one of my course mate Will's drive to promote our London trip fundraiser. He had asked us all in the studios if we wanted to create a pointless advert and submit it to him, the idea being to create a small booklet.  Apparently peer response for this one was low, which although disappointing, is not that surprising since there seems to be a lot of "missing students" who we rarely see these days. Then again it was something that only required a few hours effort and in the end looked quite good. I have not seen the final yet, but Will did show me the Photoshop file where what he had so far was laid out.

There is another project bouncing around called pointless posters, a similar concept, but where we create pointless posters to try and sell at a local night club. All in all a great way to try and push our degree show and FMP beyond Southampton and into London. I have to present my Self Promotion project idea to Jonny tomorrow, hopefully he will like my box idea. It does frustrate me that I cannot find a picture from the Danish National Gallery where I got the box idea from (mentioned here).


No comments:

Post a Comment