Saturday 25 February 2012

Side Project - Tin 1

Today I decided to being work on my FMP, as a warm up b I decided to create a quirky little artifact. The underlying thought is that it will serve as some sort of business card holder or eye catcher at our degree show, just something extra to make my display stand out a bit.

 Bullet tin from my room, having served me as a pencil box for the last 2 years

Scan from my old PD book
Bullet tin after spray painying

It took forever for the tin to dry, meaning I was unable to do any actual drawing, which disappointed me as I had hope to do quite a bit on it. On a side note people give you very strange looks when you ask whether they sell spray paint, at the end of the day I discovered that Gamesworkshop is the best place to buy it, or at least the friendliest. I will spend the next few days adding a bit here and there whenever I have the time. There is no planned design and I see it more as an exercise for my imagination and practice for the upcoming FMP... even though those images all have to be carefully planned. Stupid rain, making my have to spray paint in the kitchen, flat mates gave me a few funny looks for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment