Thursday 3 May 2012

Magnets and Research

Today I recieved the magnets from amazon.co.uk which I ordered to hang up my final major project. I ordered them shortly after our talk with Peter Lloyd on how to hang our degree show (here). They are a lot smaller than I imagined, and I am worried whether they will be strong enough to support my A1 posters. However having tested them upon my fridge I confirmed that 2 can support a single A1 poster, and that 4 can quite easily keep it suspended and stretched.
To put in perspective how small the magnets are I have taken some pictures:

photographs of the magnets

Small buggers arent they? I was genuinely impressed about how powerful they are, I also have to keep them far away from any electronics, as 1 of them almost wiped the memory off my camera. I got 60 of them as they were sold in units of 20, and with my 6 posters I will need a total of 48 to hang them (4 in each corner x 2 for the back x 6 for the posters).The magnets are know as neodymium magnets, and these particular ones were manufactured by Magnet Expert Ltd.

I was happy to recieve them as amazon quited up to 2 weeks for delivery, but they were very speedy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment