Wednesday 9 May 2012

Degree Catalogue and Lennons

Today we had a meeting with Jonny Hannah concerning our degree catalogue. He showed us the final cover, and the images we would have displayed. I was quite happy with the image listed as mine (here 4th image from the top) however I was not pleased with many other things. For one our names list had been made in a custom font, the G of which looks almost exactly like a C, hence my last name going from Gregersen to Crecersen (this was fairly minor though). The group photograph only shows my face partially making it look like I am growing out of our tutor Louise's head, something that can not be changed at this point since apparently it was the best photograph of the bunch. There is the cover which looks like earth seen from space, but in my opinion is poorly painted with poor colour balance. It was however voted to be fine so therefore I will say no more about it. I will say this that most of the submitted images and the print of the books look very professional, so I am interested to see it when it is done.

scan from my sketchbook

After finishing up the meeting I went home and began getting ready for Lennons, the club in which we are going to have a fundraiser. We are going to charge 3 pounds for entry and all the money made at the door goes to the London degree show. I went over to a friend Lucys house due to her living close to it and the fact that she knew the way there. Once we had eaten a quick chippy meal we left and got there about 10ish. We were disappointed to see that the only one there was Derek and 2 second years. Derek looked so miserable and we understood why. We were all reflecting that this would be the end of our fundraiser as we need one good earner, and the fact that so few had shown up made us angry at our fellows. For people who kept going on about the need for participation in events and for such a bad turnout made us quite bitter. Luckily our dark thoughts only lasted a 20 minutes or so as a large group appeared. Though not as many as we had hoped all the regulars appeared, and later in the night we had quite a good crowd. Slightly drunk and reflecting on my bad sleeping habits recently I left at around 12 in the night, happy that at least for tonight I could forget my problems.

Promotional leaflet for Lennons made by fellow coursemate

No comments:

Post a Comment