Thursday 17 May 2012

Printing - entertainment poster

Today I went into the print room to test my Entertainment poster design prints. I was surprised to see the print room more or less empty at 10:00 in this the last week before our hand in (keeping in mind that we still have 2 weeks hanging time). I was happy that the print room was empty as I had 4 A1 screens to make (because I want to try printing my Industry poster as well) which essentially fills up the drying cupboard. However the screens were prepared and coated swiftly. Remembering Charles Shearer's comments of trying different colours and inks I wanted to try this poster using some of luminous ink we have in the print room. Below are the results:

my entertainment poster

I do enjoy the look of this ink, as it gives the print a retro/neon feel, something that happily coincided with the poster being about entertainment. I dont think I will use it as a base for the final prints I will hopefully do next week, because

A. the light colour of the foreground prints ink does not cover up the background effectively, meaning that some of the rougher elements of the yellow image bleeds through. 
B. From a distance a lot of the detail is lost due to the bright nature of the yellow

I also printed the industry poster again, in the same colours as that above, to see whether the lines work well with a properly cleaned screen.

My redone industry poster 

 This print came out much more successfully than the first version did (here). I am pleased now that I have 4/6 posters done. I am still missing a little bit of research for my Peace and Theology posters, but my presentation document is coming along nicely and I have the majority of the posters. I still have a lot of work to do, but I fell that I can get it done, as long as I keep pacing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment