Wednesday 7 March 2012

Self Promotion - Filling a box

Scan from my old PD book.

my design for the box (excuse the bad white cover lines)

I spent a few hours playing around with the design on my computer trying to find the best way to incorporate my old poster on the design on the box. The idea is that I will write down the address of the art directors on the right side on the box above. Then I began working on the contents of the box.

scans from my old PD book, and images from my Self Promotion Project.

Though it took a long time to set up the images in a 1x1 meter format (the size printed in photography) I was happy with the result. I am hoping that I will get the print files sent to photography tomorrow, as the deadline for next week is coming up. At this moment I still need to compile a list of art directors to send my self promotion project to, all I know is that I need to send at least 1 off to Jonny, and as far as I know I need to find at least 9 more. Once I have fabricated the boxes I will look through my art magazines and websites in order to track down some directors. I feel that I might have some advantage because I will be able to send mine to Danish ones instead of just those within the UK and US. I am a bit nervous that this deadline has snuck up on me like this, but as long as I get the prints soon, I am not too worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment