Sunday 11 March 2012

Self Promotion - Completed

Scan from my old PD book
 
Below is the final product and its and content for my self promotion project.
My self Promotion Project

Two things to note.

- The image of myself contains my contact details on the back, and has had 2 of the edges cut off to make it stand out when stacked in the box.

- I put a self created logo on the outside of the box just to give a better sense of identity and branding.

Unfortunately of all 12 prints, only 8 were successfully completed, the other 4 being either badly printed, or destroyed during folding. Below are the 8 successful products.
 photographs of my kitchen counter and my Self Promotion project

I was planning on writing the addresses on the back side of the boxes before folding them, but forgot to and they proved too weak to support my pen once folded. Instead I wrapped them in brown parcel paper to protect them, and stuck on the address with a white sticker. This may be a bit of blessing in disguise as some of the lids do not close securely and the parcel paper will protect the contents when being posted.

Finally to spruce them up a bit I added a "1/15" drawing on the box to make it seem as if it was part of a series (something Jonny assures us is an old Illustrator trick to make people less likely to throw something away... and make it seem more exclusive). I also added the letters MMXII to the box, which is 2012 in roman numerals, as a little reminder of when it was fabricated, and because it would have looked a little bit blank otherwise. The red band was inspired by a piece of work I saw someone trying to sell in the Bargate Exhibition, and I feel the red is a nice addition to the design. 
Scan from my old PD workbook

I have decided to visit a doctor on Monday, as I am finding it hard to do even simple tasks... such as speech. My voice is almost gone and in the last few days the bouts of dizziness are getting worse. I was hoping it was quick touch of the colds that are going around, but it seems to be something a bit more serious... which is fantastic (sarcasm) as this is the right time for that to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment