Monday 19 March 2012

Feedback - Self Promotion

 scan of the week schedule

I feel more or less recovered today and went into uni, and upon getting into the studios I was delighted to hear that my Self Promotional Project had been received by the tutors. I was worried for a second that mine was the mystery package that the tutors were asked to pay delivery for, as mine had not arrived and the package description matched mine. Derek was able to give me some feedback, his main criticism being that the box seemed to be lacking in content. To explain he did enjoy its contents, but the box was deceptively big for its content and might leave the receiver disappointed upon opening it. He did comment that he really enjoyed the design of the box itself, and liked the idea of the badges, as an extra freebie. I will have to keep that in mind next time I make some or if I do any for the degree show.

My tutor Ceri told me that Fig Taylor from the AOI (association of illustrators) would be visiting tomorrow and give a talk to us about going into the industry after graduation. She also told us that there would be signup sessions in which Fig Taylor would look at our work/portfolios and render judgment. Needless to say that this is a golden opportunity, and I spent the night preparing what I have to show her. Mainly cleaning it up a bit in photoshop and making a selection of images.

No comments:

Post a Comment