Tuesday 24 April 2012

War Print test

I spent the day in the print room trying to make it so I could test whether the line work was correct on my war poster. Bellow was the result:

photograph of my war poster (screenprint)

Though I am happy that the lines came out well. It does strike me that I used the wrong colours, as there appears to be too little negative space in this picture. The second thing is that the image might be a tad too crowded. But at this point there really is very little time to do any sort of change. 
I have also decided to cut down the number of posters I am going to produce down to 6, and forget the idea of doing a book.

While printing, Peter Lloyd started telling me about some new pens available in the print room, some which supposedly are made for screen printing. If what he tells me is correct is that would mean i could draw my designs on drafting film without having to retrace it. 

There was also an art sale on in the studios where I was able to pick up and A3 portfolio fairly cheaply. Something I have been worrying about slightly as I have not gone to London on one of the tutors "portfolio hunts".

I also submitted my image for the degree catalogue, I used the image (here), 4th image from the top. Jonny told us that we would have a chance to see the catalogue before it is sent off for printing at some point in the next few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment