Tuesday 10 April 2012

Back...

I got back from Denmark a few days ago... I have not made any progress on my FMP, neither have I written down anything for my presentation document for quite some time. The reason for this was more or less a repeat of what happened last Christmas (Negotiated Study), though worse. Upon coming back to Denmark I learned that things had changed quite a bit since last time, for example my grandmother was diagnosed with liver cancer quite some time ago apparently.

While in Denmark I spent all my time either visiting the hospital, either trying to spend some last moments with my grandmother, who by all accounts has got 2 months left to live at best... however with each passing day she changes from the women I once knew, to a yellowing corpse. I can truly say I have never seen anything so tragic in my entire life. On the day I left for England I said my final goodbyes to and old women who practically recoiled in fear from me, believing me to be my aunts junkie son.

To make the whole matter worse my grandfather has chosen the side of my aunt, barely visiting his wife in hospital, instead turning to woman who only a few months ago poisoned him, and abducted him for several weeks. It disgusts me to see a regular figure in my life in such a new light. I was never more heartbroken than to in one week have to say goodbye to my grandmother, and emotionally give up on my grandfather.

Yeah this is why I have not found the motivation to continue working on my Final Major Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment