Tuesday 17 April 2012

Catalogue Tutorial

Today was our first official day back at university, and we started off talking about our degree show catalogue. Jonny briefly explained to us that we will get  a double page A4 spread and we need to start thinking about submissions. I had hoped that I could use some of my FMP for that, but being very... VERY behind at this point, I just need to concentrate on actually getting it done. I do wonder how they will chose a cover.

2010 illustration catalogue cover by Jon Clark (http://jonclarkdesign.blogspot.co.uk/)

We also had a fundraiser meeting later in the day to talk about serious ways to raise money. We are still far short on our £3000 target, and as far as I know no one has any real suggestions. There have been many talks about trying to raise money by selling work at the university, but nothing ever seems to come from it. As I suspected we did not have any real suggestions this meeting, but we did seem to waste a lot of time repeating ourselves. At this point to be honest I don't think that we will reach our target. Either there will be no London show, or we will all have to pay out of our own pocket to make it happen. Derek our tutor did suggest that we could raise money by holding club nights, as the last few years of illustration have raised large numbers at these events. He mentioned that he might be able set something up with one of the local night clubs... though we all know that might just be an excuse for him to DJ again.

No comments:

Post a Comment