Wednesday 25 April 2012

FMP III

I was able to get my hands on the new pens I mentioned yesterday (here). They are named ZIG opaque pens and fabricated by Kuretake.

 Photograph of opaque pens on my desk.

I threw together a quick design, just to test whether the pens would be able to come out well in the printroom. My main concern was if the fine lines would come out well (see design below)

my quick design using the ZIG pens.

Tomorrow I will go into the print room, and after the guest speaker, and try seeing how the print comes out. I feel that these pens are too good to be true, a way to cut my work time practically in half with no loss of quality, that just seems too wonderful to happen. But the technicians assure me they work, well tomorrow we shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment