Monday 30 April 2012

More Pens!

scan of the week schedule

I went into the studios today, to get some more of the ZIG pens. Though I was able to get some, I was told by the print room technical that they would not be getting any more for at least another week. Hopefully the 8 or so pens I currently have will last until then.

The rest of the day was spent telephoning the Danish tax ministry (SKAT) and student loans office (SU) to work out some confusing as to me somehow still working in Denmark while studying here, and to confirm that i like in the UK and not the US... which makes logical sense that you can confuse someone living registered in the UK to somehow also spending all 3 years in the US. Ah government bureaucracy. When I got home, I spent the rest of the evening doing a bit more research for the science poster and finding a few more relevant topics. I have not had any real interest in science for a good few years so it was tough to get the research done. Thankfully a Channel 4 program "Genius of Britain" helped me find inspiration. As (briefly) it outlines some of the greater contribution of British scientists to the world in through the ages, ie. Darwin's theory of evolution, the steam train, the computer and penicillin.

 chemical structure of penicillin (wikipedia.org - penicillin)

No comments:

Post a Comment