Sunday 15 April 2012

FMP Work Begins

Today I began working on my FMP, not research, not a side project, but actual work! I started on the War poster, and started off simply with permanent markers, and later I will start using Acrylic paint to add a more rough feel.

photograph of drafting film sheet, containing part of my war poster.

I wish there was a quicker way of drawing, as unfortunately even after extensive experiments (see below) the fastest way to get a proper image onto drafting film is to use lumocolor markers, and they need at least two layers.

Drafting film covered in different ink tests.

The only thing that works better than the lumocolor permanent markers, is black acrylic paint, which only needs 1 coat. However the same level of precision cannot be achieved with the paint... well certainly not by me and my meager painting skills. This unfortunately does mean that when I do create a poster on drafting film, it almost takes twice as long due to each drawing needing to be traced twice. There is the alternative of doing it digitally and printing it... not only would this be very expensive for me, but there is nowhere near by that can print drafting film up to A1, and multiple sheets of A3 will be nigh impossible to line up.


No comments:

Post a Comment