Monday 30 January 2012

Who am I Part

                Hi my name is Christian Gregersen. I am a half Danish/English illustration student at Southampton Solent University. I am currently in my third year working on my final major project. Moving beyond the dry scope of this CV-escue introduction, I will have to give you the reader a general idea of who I am and what I do.

 Picture of Christian Bent Elmann Gregersen (me), posted into one of my workbooks and then scanned.

                  I have always loved drawing, ever since I was a kid and painted the entire living room with my crayons. While doing the International Baccalaureate in Copenhagen, I realized that if I wanted to work as an artist my best chance was to return to my mother’s homeland England. I visited Solent University and being impressed with the facilities and town I decided to apply. The last 3 years have been great, in the sense that they have allowed me to combine my passion with education, and even some work.
The way I treat my art and life in general is with humour. Almost all my work contains some form of humour, as I was brought up on the phrase “du har kun det sjov du selv laver” translating into “the only fun you have, is that you create for yourself”. I try to embody this phrase and I feel that it somehow shows through most of the things I do.







No comments:

Post a Comment