Tuesday 31 January 2012

Self Promotion Brief

                  Today we were told about another brief that would be running during our FMP (Final Major Project). The project is to produce a small body of work to be sent off to several art directors.
Self Promotion Brief  Scan               

                As part of the self promotion we will be having a number of website tutorials in the following weeks, We did have this in the first year, but only very brieftly... not something I have really been working of for quite some time. Anyway I will deal with that once I have my tutorial in the coming weeks.

               Off the top of my head I would like to do a small series of boxes with some rolled up images to send off as my self promotion. The box would be about the size of a cigarette box. I remember seeing this idea as part of a promotional campaign for the Danish National Gallery years ago when I visited it with my old art class. I was impressed with the idea, as it was something unexpected, and that the act of opening the box built some excitement. I will have to think of some changes later on, just to make sure I am just copying something. The main change I could image would be having the images inside flat, instead of rolled up.

Doodle from my sketch book of a basic design

No comments:

Post a Comment