Monday 30 January 2012

The Final Major Project Introduction

Today we were given the brief for our Final Major Project. The last push in our Illustration BA. We were told that there would be and estimated 13 “teaching” weeks where lectures and other projects would run along side the FMP. There is a further 3 weeks of the Easter holiday, so we have about 16 weeks to get this done.

Scan of the Final Major Project Brief
 
A new cirteria that cropped up was that of "participation" meaning that the tutors would be monitoring our time spent in the studios and events more closely as it will somehow affect our mark. Though attendance has been an issue with our course in the past, I will have to make sure they notice me whenever I am in.

 Another point was to choose a topic that would keep our interest satisfied for 13 weeks, as in the past "students have gotten bored and tried to change their topic around Easter" - Peter Lloyd (tutor)


 Random doodle taken fomr my sketch book, on the day.

 Surprisingly the area of plagiarism was not given much focus, if any, when the tutors gave us a rundown of all the criteria. This has not been done much in the past, but I did suspect that they would do so for this our final project.

The final point was to maintain an effective work schedule. This is particuarly important for me as my last project proved very difficult, with me having to go home over the Christmas break to deal with some messed up family business.


No comments:

Post a Comment